NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A cold winter due to expensive fuel is possible despite global warming



Carl has been stockpiling wood for this winter since early last spring. We’re lucky because we have an energy efficient house, plus an outside wood boiler and lots of wood on our land. The brand is Central Boiler and that’s the roof of it showing behind the wood stack. (see http://www.centralboiler.com/ )


Today’s news headlines on the Minnesota Public Radio station I listen to in the mornings ( see http://minnesota.publicradio.org/ )noted that the cost of oil climbed to more than $98 a barrel today. This is almost twice as much as the cost last January. Between global warming (I’m a Gore-supporter in this issue) and the politics of oil here in America and around the world, we really do need to focus on energy conservation and renewable energy sources. Check out the Focus on Energy web site for useful information on such relevant topics as energy-efficient appliances, fuel assistance, weatherization, and energy education.( http://focusonenergy.com/index.jsp )
Want something easy to do right now that will lower your heating costs? Turn your thermostat down two degrees.

No comments: