NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, November 19, 2007

Writing the Midwest: Symposium of Scholars, Poets, Writers, & Filmmakers

A 1904 illustration by Arthur Becher, depicting the poem, "The Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe, the American fiction writer, poet, and literary critic.

Wordsmiths, thinkers, and image-makers will gather in East Lansing, Michigan, on May 10-12, 2008, for the 37th annual Symposium of Scholars, Poets, Writers, & Filmmakers. Hosted by Michigan State University, they are still accepting proposals for poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, and films on Midwestern subjects, as well as criticisms. If your proposal is accepted, your work would be presented in a reading, paper, panel, roundtable or screening. I overlooked the due-date for proposals, which are due by December 1, 2007 (sorry for the short turn-around). This would be interesting to attend, and even more exciting to be a presenter. Contact Mary Obuchowski, Program Chair, at obuch1mc@cmich.edu for information about submitting a proposal.

No comments: