NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Playing with paper dolls





One of Tierney's American series: the 1950s

In addition to reading Taylor’s Artful Paper Dolls (see April 30, 2010 posting), I found the wealth of paper doll books at Dover Publishing. Taylor mentioned Tom Tierney in his book. Tierney is important in the history of twentieth century paper dolls. To my delight, I discovered a slew of his books at Dover. I bought several of them, as well as others including dolls based on Godey’s Lady’s Book (a mid-nineteenth century fashion magazine that is a TREAT) and even color-and-cut dolls. What will I do with them? Use them in art, use them as inspiration, and, of course, play with them! See http://store.doverpublications.com/ for beautifully printed and inexpensive books of all sorts.

No comments: