NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, July 16, 2010

Recently read: D.W. Buffa’s The Judgment


This is an excellent courtroom drama by an author I have not previously encountered. Portland Defense Attorney Joseph Antonelli feels no grief over the murder of his career-long enemy, Judge Calvin Jeffries. In fact, few people miss him and his evil manipulation of the laws as well as his vindictive use of others. A call to the police results in the arrest of a homeless man, who then commits suicide in his cell. Case closed . . . until a second judge is murdered in the same way. Again a tip results in the arrest of another homeless man. Antonelli defends the accused, and discovers a conspiracy of malevolence that extends over decades. I’m going to be reading as many other books by Buffa as I can find.

No comments: