NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, November 15, 2010

NaNoWriMo


My 30 days of novel writing for National Novel Writing Month are half over. I cleared more than 25,000 words yesterday, making me ahead of schedule for the total word count of 50,000 by November 30. It has been fun and surprisingly easy to do. My daily goal is 1,700 words, which—depending on if the ideas are flowing, takes me between one and one and a half hours (note I wrote all that out instead of keying 1 or 1.5. That helps pad the word count!). Since I started with a minimal plot and no background material, sometimes I have to pause in my writing to do some research for information or ideas. Right now my protagonist is in England, heading for the Chunnel, so I spent a lot of time yesterday surfing British travel sites.

No comments: