NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Recently read: Lisa Kettell’s Altered Art Circus!


I am so addicted to beautifully printed books of altered art. This one takes us off the flat page or canvas, and into three dimensions, as described by its subtitle, “Techniques for Journals, Papers Dolls, Art Cards, and Assemblages.” The circus theme provides the background for a variety of artists to express themselves objects ranging from pocket posies to jar fairies to secret lanterns. Kettell also provides a good basic introduction to these art forms.

No comments: