NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, February 4, 2011

Recently read: Norma V. Toraya’s Paper Puppet Palooza



In my ongoing quest to play with and create paper dolls, I found this book that not only has all sorts of fun art dolls made of paper, but also explains how to use sticks and brads and string and other things to make the dolls into moving puppets. Toraya is an animator for videos, commercials and television, and is the creator of Crankbunny. I love her mystical, funny and dark creations like Zahmoo the Puppet Shaman and Ms. Ananushka Puppehklova. These puppets are not for kids!

No comments: