NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Art Journals













One of my colleagues taking the Literary Living program with me (see http://www.literaryliving.com/ )
asked me for some suggestions on creating art journals. As writers, whether or not we also consider ourselves to be artists, an art journal is a good way to express your creativity. There are as many ways to create art journals as people making them. The examples above show some of my art journals in a variety of formats. All are mixed media mainly using ephemera (like tickets or vintage ads), photos, magic marker, acryllic paint, varieties of papers, and watercolor. From the top: a collaged journal page in process; a journal page where I have sketched and written using magic markers; mailing tags that I've collaged and tied together (great way to save space on your bookshelves), an altered book where the pages serve as my journal, and a single unbound collaged journal page. Click on each image to enlarge it.

No comments: