NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, March 17, 2011

Recently read: T. Jefferson Parker’s L.A. Outlaws



I have read Parker’s books for years, and find them always well-written, with gripping plots. Of his many works, this one was not up to the masterful levels of his earlier works, but it is still worth reading. The people and the media of Los Angeles are fascinated by a woman outlaw, Allison Murrieta, whose outrageous robberies, charitable donations after each “job,” and her penchant for stealing fancy cars, have entertained everyone but the police for months now. Until one day ten gangsters are found dead and a fortune in jewels is missing. Suddenly Murrieta is in danger herself.

No comments: