NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, March 28, 2011

Recently read: Kelly Rae Roberts’ Taking Flight


The subtitle of this book is Inspiration & Techniques to give your Creative Spirit Wings, which sums of the content of the book nicely. I have encountered Roberts’ art in a number of books which include a variety of artists’ works. Her mixed media paintings are instantly identifiable with their pensive female faces and richly textured surfaces. She includes easy instructions on how she and the artists she interviews create the featured works. Her essays, self-exploration questions, and advice are helpful tools, whether you are considering expanding your artistic work or just want to discover more ways to free up your creativity.

No comments: