NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, February 1, 2009

Recently read: Jane Langton’s Steeplechase



I like Langton’s books and her detective Homer Kelly. I don’t often think of buying them unless I see a good deal on the discount shelves of my local bookstore or, in this case, at one of my favorite book sites, Daedalus Books (http://www.salebooks.com/ ). This is a sequel to one of hers that escaped my notice, The Deserter: Murder at Gettysburg. In Steeplechase, we bounce back and forth to the years following the Civil War and today as Homer and his wife Mary research the old churches of New England. Nicely done and, as are most of Langton’s books, charmingly illustrated.

No comments: