NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, February 16, 2009

Recently read: Robert Wilson’s The Vanished Hands



Another book by one of my favorite authors, and as usual, Wilson does not disappoint. In this one, we’re back in Seville with Inspector Jefe Javier Falcon. A dead husband and wife appear to be a murder/suicide. Then the next-door neighbor commits suicide in a particularly gruesome way, while another neighbor turns out to have been involved with an earlier case of Falcon’s. Pressure is put on Falcon to mark the current case closed, but more oddities turn up. A policeman jumps from his window, strange cars keep following Falcon, old crimes cast long shadows, and the Russian Mafia seems to have moved to Seville. This is another masterly novel that keeps you engrossed in the steamy heat of summer in Spain.

No comments: