NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, February 27, 2009

What worked; what didn’t work



Image from http://www.doverpublishing.com/
For almost 20 years, I have kept myself on track for my goals by using a simple review technique I call “what worked, what didn’t.” Give it a try this week. The rules are simple:



  • Start out by looking at what worked

  • Give yourself credit even for small things

  • Don’t be too hard on yourself about what didn’t work, but be honest and look at how you could make the same situation work next time

  • Try to look at all categories of your life and goals, such as mental, spiritual, physical, and social

What worked for me this week:



  1. Making time for the creative workshop I’m taking: Marney Makridakis’ AlphaBetter Muse Workshop http://www.artellaland.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_112&products_id=1327&zenid=lt0lfo20k1bpo2i9g3nqnhqaj7

  2. Finally contacting some of the financial institutions as my father’s executor

  3. Having my editor call with two new article assignments

  4. Completing the SoftSkills online instructor training for Globe University

  5. Having my students give terrific presentations


    What didn’t work this week:

  6. Not doing my yoga

  7. Continuing to postpone tax preparation

  8. Having class prep and grading still incomplete

  9. Always feeling bloated and pudgy

No comments: