NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chippewa Valley Business Report




I’ve added another cover story to my clip file! Check out the Winter issue of the CVBR at http://www.chippewavalleybusinessreport.com/


And while you’re checking out publications, see the premiere of Kenton Whitman’s Nature Column in the Dunn County News at http://www.dunnconnect.com/articles/2009/02/26/outdoors/doc49a54e2484e82345625167.txt


Both these articles are proof of how important networking is for writers. A writer friend of mine, Kay Kruse-Stanton, put me and Mark Gunderman, the editor of the CVBR, in touch with each other when she took a job that prevented her from doing any more freelancing. And I put Kenton in touch with my friend, Barb Lyon, the editor of the Dunn County News. It’s not the Old Boys Network any longer, but it IS the Old Freelance Writers Network!

No comments: