NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, March 19, 2009

Teacher Tube



I’m probably the only teacher in America who didn’t know about Teacher Tube—the academic version of You Tube. In case this is new to you, too, check it out at http://www.teachertube.com/ The videos are mainly for PK-12. Although I’ve subscribed to the College & University and the Career & Technology channels, the videos still seem to be for younger students.

They can be inspirational, though. I’m pondering spawning my own version of Mrs. Burk’s Parameter Rap http://www.teachertube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=734fe93831e3fb400ce8&page=1&viewtype=&category=

How’s this sound: Mizz Erica’s Grammar Rap. Perhaps some lyrics along the lines of "The subject and the verb must always agree CLAP If you write them wrong then fired you will be CLAP . . . " Hmmm, I think it will need more work!

No comments: