NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Albedo One—contests and publishing



Albedo One , Ireland's Magazine of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror, sponsors contests throughout the year. The first one for this year, the Aeon Award 2009, is open through March 31. The grand prize is €1000, with other prizes of €200 and: €100. Then keep track (I will, too) of the opening of the remaining three throughout the year. http://www.albedo1.com/html/aeon_award.html

The magazine is in the market for authors of well-written stories that have not previously been published. The publication considers a broad range of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror in the 2,500 to 8,000 range. They want interviews with high profile authors, media personalities and for book reviews. If you are also an artist, they are looking for cover artwork on a commissioned basis.

There is also a publishing arm: Aeon Press, which specializes (not surprisingly!) in Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror novels.

No comments: