NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hitting the rails for Chicago





Carl and I are taking a brief break from our idyllic rural life in the rolling hills and ravines of Western Wisconsin and heading to Second City. We’re taking Amtrak’s Empire Builder train to Union Station in Chicago, where we’ll stay at the historic Palmer House Hotel (now part of the Hilton Hotel family). Our plans include spending much time with my cousin Jean Fulton and her husband, artist Steve Coates, eating, laughing, talking, seeing Evita, and roaming the Art Institute of Chicago. My blog will take a brief vacation, too. See you back here on Wednesday, April 1!

No comments: