NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, March 23, 2009

Recently read: Joseph Wambaugh’s Hollywood Crows



Always a fun read, former LAPD member Wambaugh was one of the first of the contemporary real-life detectives who turned their sights on writing police procedurals. This one is a sequel to Hollywood Station, and continues the chronicle of the police pounding the beat in the surreal area where street people dress like cartoon characters and a full moon has an impact beyond anywhere else in the city. I love the two surfer cops in particular. A perfect travel read while waiting at airports and train depots.

No comments: