NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, August 30, 2010

Recently read: David Baldacci’s The Simple Truth


I am getting fonder of this thriller writer with every book of his that I read. As you would expect, this one is a page-turner with plenty of action. What makes it great is that the characters have depth, the plot is complicated and well thought out, and the writing is excellent. In this novel focusing on the processes of the U.S. Supreme Court, John Fiske, a former cop who is now a lawyer, tries to uncover the mysteries behind his brother’s death. The threads unravel as they lead to a prisoner wrongly imprisoned, military powers misused, and too many important people for the truth (and justice) to be safe.

No comments: