NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, August 23, 2007

Passing along more jobs and opportunities

My last post was glowing with praise about networking. And I've been in networking mode, so it doesn't surprise me that I'm hearing about all sorts of interesting things. I'll post jobs occassionally, so if you learn of one, feel free to send it to me. I know my blog readers are spread across the country (and I've even got a couple international readers!), but I think it is still interesting to see what is out there for work. You may even be willing to relocate. I might end up posting jobs in The Money Corner. A job and some other things that you might be interested in are:

  • If you live in Western Wisconsin, and are interested in a part-time writing job, the Dunn County News is looking for a Sports Editor. This would be great if you, or someone you know, is a student, retired, looking for less than full-time, or you want to start getting paid for writing. Go to http://www.chippewa.com/shared-content/topads/show.php?adid=578132
  • Authorsmart sent me a follow-up to the information on their workshops on non-fiction writing and getting published. If you're in a Writers' Group (by being part of my Blog Network, you qualify) you are eligible for the Four for the Price of Three. For every three people who register together as a result for the Fall Virtual Conference, we'll get a fourth seat FREE ($249 value). Check out the site at http://www.eventbrite.com/org/22788410?s=869386 and let me know because I think I'll need to coordinate everyone.
  • To get the Early Bird rate of $495 for the San Francisco Writers Conference, sign up by September 1st. After September1st, the rate will go up by $50 to $545 through November 30th. Then it goes up again. Go to www.sfwriters.org for information and registration.

No comments: