NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Recently read: Visual Chronicles by sisters Linda Woods and Karen Dinino



I decided I needed to read some books on collages and art journals. In one of the blogs I frequent, the blogger raved about this book. And I understand why. Written by two sisters, (one an artist, one a lawyer who also is an author), it is funny, inspiring, and visually pleasing. The book’s subtitle is “The No-Fear Guide to Creating Art Journals, Creative Manifestos & Altered Books, which pretty much says it all. It contains practical advice on everything from instructions on ways to prepare the pages to how to drum up ideas. Well worth reading even if you aren’t sure you’re all that interested in collages or art journaling but you like to read humorous books with lots of color pictures and graphics. If you are interested in collages or art journals (or scrapbooking, for that matter), you’ll particularly enjoy this book.

No comments: