NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, December 1, 2008

Recently read: Charles Todd’s A False Mirror



This series of historic British police procedurals is good. A favorite genre of mine, I hadn’t run across Todd until fairly recently. Set shortly after the end of World War I, the books combine the details of how police solved crime before DNA testing and photocopy machines with historical fiction. Scotland Yard Inspector Ian Rutledge heads to a tiny town on the southern coast of England, where a man he knew from their military service in the War is the main suspect in a nasty beating that ended in death. A well-done look at history, England after the War to End All Wars, and a good mystery to boot, I plan on reading more of Todd’s books.

No comments: