NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, December 29, 2008

Recently read: Tony Cape’s The Cambridge Theorem



This is an author who is new to me. A quote on the cover notes it’s a combination of P.D. James and John le Carre, both favorite writers of mine. The book did not disappoint. Engrossing, with a series of surprises, the story takes place during 1982 when the Cold War was still being bitterly waged. Cambridge students, professors, police and espionage all mix together, with a few glimpses of an old spy in Moscow. This book is worth reading. I do have to comment on the publisher, Felony and Mayhem Press. I’ve never seen such a strange printing. I can’t imagine how this happened, but throughout the book, new paragraphs are started arbitrarily right in the middle of sentences. Very disconcerting! If the book itself wasn’t so good, I would avoid anything else by this publisher.

No comments: