NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, April 10, 2009

Lockwood restaurant at the Palmer House in Chicago, Illinois



Finally, my Internet Explorer is restored and I’m able to indulge in my penchant for Internet research again! As promised, I’ll be posting reviews of places in Chicago that we enjoyed during our five-day stay at the end of March.

First on our minds is always FOOD (closely followed by booze, of course). Both were excellent and upscale at the new Lockwood restaurant off the lobby of the Palmer House. The chef is Phillip Foss, a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America who has worked at such places as Le Cirque in New York and the Four Seasons Resort in Maui (I haven’t actually eaten in either of those places). We enjoyed the Lockwood’s contemporary décor, the excellent service and of course the food. Our first night we had the prix fixee menu, which was reasonably priced and started off with the best mushroom soup either of us have ever had. And be sure to try the Chicago-style lobster hot dog served at the bar. The full-breakfast buffet was included in our room cost (I’m not sure if we paid extra or if that was because Carl is a Hilton Honors member) and was splendid.

No comments: