NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tomorrow is Earth Day



Some thoughts on buying "green" from Green America Come Together at http://www.greenamericatoday.org/

Five things you should always buy “green” are paint (low or no-VOC), paper (recycled), light bulbs (compact fluorescents), appliances (look for the Energy Star label) and produce that is organic, local and in season.

Things not to buy include Styrofoam cups, paper towels, bleached coffee filters, teak, mahogany, chemical pesticides and herbicides, plastic forks and spoons, and farm-raised salmon.

And another thing, go ahead and plant that tree tomorrow!

No comments: