NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, April 13, 2009

Recently read: Ross Thomas’ Briarpatch



This is the first book I’ve read by Thomas, and I plan on tracking down some more. First published in 1984, it was recently re-published. A female police detective is killed by explosives attached to her car, and her brother, Ben Dill, returns to their home town (it never really says where that is, but Thomas is from Oklahoma City). Dill uncovers some unsettling things about his baby sister, meets a lot of criminals and cops and politicians, and learns way more than he ever wanted to about his native city. The plot is good and moves at a fast pace. Worth reading.

No comments: