NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, September 25, 2009

Moving to the Denver Area: stage 1 of our Mile-High-Move


Carl prepares to move

On Wednesday, Carl headed out at 6 a.m. in our fully-packed Ford Explorer. He arrived yesterday at his new home—the La Quinta hotel in Golden, Colorado. Sharpie is distraught. In the meantime, I’m finishing this term’s teaching tasks, preparing the house to sell, and trying to pretend life is normal.

Tips: don’t assume that hotels aren’t an affordable option in lieu of apartments and townhouses for temporary living quarters. Even if you don’t have Award Points like Carl does, many hotels and motels (especially in this economy and at this time of year) are willing to work out long-term stays. And you’ll get maid service . . . Carl loves his GPS Tom Tom, which got him through two days of driving easily, with no frantic stops to pull out the map.

No comments: