NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, September 17, 2009

Recently read: G.G. Fickling’s This Girl for Hire



This is one of the Honey West novels by the husband and wife team of Gloria and Forrest Fickling, written in the 1950s.The idea of a tough woman P.I. equipped with a gun and a Jane Russell chest must have been shocking back then. The popular series of books inspired a 1960s TV series as well. Very dated now, of course, but fun to read as period pieces.

No comments: