NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Recently read: Stieg Larsson’s The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo








The books by this Swedish author are showing up wherever there are books and book lovers. An excellent read, this book introduces a fascinating detective team composed of disgraced journalist Mikael Blomkvist and a strange young woman whose attachment to the material things of this world are virtually nonexistent. The plot is complex, as the team track down the niece of a wealthy recluse. The young woman disappeared 40 years earlier from the family’s island enclave. An excellent read, there are only two more books. Larsson died in 2004 of a heart attack at the age of 50. He left behind three manuscripts that are now being translated and published in English. His early death is a loss to the world of literature.

No comments: