NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, September 10, 2010

Conference, wildfire, and my first guest writer



In an hour, I’m heading to the east side of Denver for the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers’ Gold Conference at the Renaissance Hotel. I’ve revised my pitch (think of the blurb on a book’s back cover) and packed my new business cards so I feel as ready as I’ll ever be. Next week I’ll provide news on what I learn from the conference as well as posting an article from my first guest writer, Angelita Williams. A freelance writer, Williams has excellent advice for succeeding in this competitive field, and her article will be Part 2 of my job series on writing.

In the meantime, the wildfire continues to burn outside of Boulder, 20 miles from our house. The smell of smoke is strong as the winds blow from the west with the possibility of the fire reaching Boulder itself.

1 comment:

jayneleni said...

Thinking of you and hoping the conference is going well!