NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, September 20, 2010

Last weekend’s RMFW’s Colorado Gold Conference


I love writers’ conferences! Any environment where you get to spend three days with hundreds of people who all love the written word is inspiring. This conference was particularly well-managed, as was the Renaissance Denver Hotel, which had excellent conference facilities and provided good food quickly and efficiently.

I had submitted ten pages plus an overview ahead of time as a prerequisite for participating in the editor review sessions. As a result, the conference for me started in a meeting room with Amanda Bergeron, editor at Harper Collins and seven other novelists. We had all critiqued each other’s work prior to the conference, and now discussed what we liked best about each piece, where an improvement might be made, and suggestions, if appropriate. It was a valuable three hours.

No comments: