NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, September 30, 2010

Recently read: John Lescroart’s A Plague of Secrets


I’ve been an avid reader of Lescroart’s courtroom thrillers for years, and his books just keep getting better and better. I read this 500-page book in less than 24 hours—I literally couldn’t put it down. The complex plot, richly drawn characters, and perfect pacing are brilliant. In this book, attorney Dismas Hardy, his partners, his best friend, and San Francisco politics are all shielding secrets. The manager of a coffee bar at the corner of Haight and Ashbury is found shot to death with a backpack full of pot. An ambitious detective and special assistant U.S. attorney are sure the murderer is the shop’s owner, who just happens to be the niece of the Democratic mayor and the wife of a prominent liberal builder. A nightmare of legal jousting begins.

No comments: