NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, January 9, 2011

Vote for your hero dog



My own hero dog: Sharpie

You've read about Ricochet the surfer service dog who works with disabled children in earlier posts. For more information, see her web site at http://www.surfdogricochet.com/ I received the following email from Ricochet's trainer:

"We just found out that Ricochet was nominated for USA Today's Most Heroic Dog of 2010. We're not sure who nominated her, so thank you whoever you are!
These contests give us another platform to raise awareness of her causes, so we really appreciate you help in getting the word out about them, and voting."
I had no sooner posted about this, when I got another email. Ricochet and Sparky the Fire Safety Dog, one of the other hero dog nominations, were asking all their fans to vote instead for Target, the dog who saved so many soldiers only to end up euthanized at the dog pound. Vote for Target to help Target's cause, called Target's Bunker, a no-kill shelter. Learn more, and donate, at http://www.targetsbunker.org/ Click and vote here:
http://www.usatoday.com/yourlife/pets/dogs/2011-01-06-vote-most-heroic-dog_N.htm

No comments: