NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, September 6, 2007

Communications versus communicates

My collage titled Writing.

Communications is just a different form of communicates, yes? Not if that’s a web address! I got my two class blogs up and operating last weekend. You can check them out by clicking on “view my complete profile” and then clicking on either blog link. Each one has different essays (usually the essays will be adapted from those I’ve already published on this site), different puzzles, and different quotes. My writing class was having no trouble accessing the site, but no one could get onto the oral communications class blog. A quick-witted student in one of the classes noted that I’d typed the blog address as ericacommunications on the instruction sheet, and when you clicked on the blog site from My Profile, the address actually was ericacommunicates. Yikes! Another variation of the conversation/conservation debacle! Once again, the more eyes looking for typos, the better.

1 comment:

Ryan Emenecker said...

Communicates! That was the problem. That was just confusing me because I couldn't get into the blog that I had to write in for an assignment. Im glad we figured it out.

Also, your personal blog is very well put together. You did a good job on it.