NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, September 28, 2007

What worked and what didn't this week

My collage tag holder for "What can I do now."




It's been a while since I've shared one of my weekly "what works and what doesn't" ponderings. For those of you new to the blog, in my June 8 posting, I explained the background and what passes for "rules" in this exercise. This week, what worked is:
  • Focusing on health issues, having a reiki session with Judy Meinen (see http://www.angelcarehealingtouch.com/ )
  • Stepping back from some anger last week at work to deal with it calmly this week
  • Spending a great evening at the Lake Menomin Writers Series listening to Erin Hart talk about archeology and her books while listening to her musician husband, Paddy O'Brien, play traditional Irish music (see http://www.erinhart.com/ )
  • Quickly transfering some insights from my reiki session to collages

What didn't work is:

  • Having no large blocks of non-teaching time from Monday through Thursday
  • Letting some writing projects slide
  • Having my highest priority (finding an agent) be my lowest priority during the week
  • Being careless with book-keeping and finances

No comments: