NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Recently read: Elisa Southard’s Break through the Noise



This book, which has the subtitle “9 tools to propel your marketing message,” is a very quick read with lots of practical information and methods to improve marketing skills no matter what your business. And writers, whether we want to or not, must market ourselves in today’s publishing world. I met Southard when I attended her workshop this year at the San Francisco Writers Conference. A dynamic speaker, she can also make her point in writing, as well. She provides information that will help you “plug into a marketing frame of mind without disrupting your routine.” The book also helps you climb past plateaus, evaluate your marketing techniques, and communicate value, as well as numbers of other tips. Don’t be put off by her motto, “don’t kill a marketing moment—execute it.” The book is well worth reading.

No comments: