NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day and the end of summer



No matter what the official first day of fall is, to me and to many Americans, Labor Day marks the transition from the steamy bright days of summer to the smells of autumn. This is a day to rest on your laurels, when you can anticipate the day that Honey Crisp apples arrive in the roadside stands and look forward to when the country air gets the first tinges of wood smoke. Today is a day to dance with your friends. Happy Labor Day everyone.

No comments: