NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Saturday, January 3, 2009

Council for Wisconsin Writers



The Council for Wisconsin Writers has nine contests this year. Entries are being accepted through January 31, 2009. Awards are $500. Entries must have been published between January 1, 2008 and December 31, 2008.

The nine contests, open to Wisconsin writers, are:

  1. Larry and Eleanor Sternig Award for Short Fiction

  2. Posner Poetry Book Award

  3. Kay Levin Award for Short Nonfiction

  4. Tofte/Wright Children's Literature Award

  5. Kenneth Kingery/August Derleth Nonfiction Book Award

  6. Anne Powers Fiction Book Award

  7. Ellis/Henderson Outdoor Writing Award

  8. Lorine Niedecker Poetry Award

  9. Essay Award for Young Writers (new category,open to all Wisconsin high school students to encourage student authors of literary nonfiction and help them develop their writing skills)


    For further information, including application forms, see http://www.wisconsinwriters.org/contests.htm

No comments: