NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Recently read: Peter Robinson’s Friend of the Devil



A good British police procedural again featuring Inspector Annie Cabbot and Chief Inspector Alan Banks, this book in the series covers two murders in two separate spots in the north of England. A woman in a wheelchair has her throat cut by the seaside, while a young college student is strangled in the ancient alleys that snake behind the bar scene frequented by the young and wild. Banks is investigating one, while Cabbot, who is lent out to another force, investigates another. Meanwhile, Cabbot is being hounded by a hot young man and Banks is drifting in loneliness. I must have missed the book that included their break-up, even though I try to read series books in order. Robinson is always a satisfying read.

No comments: