NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, June 22, 2009

My Artist’s Retreat Day



My mixed media collage, titled Artday, celebrating my retreat

As I transition from decades of technical and business writing, I am learning to indulge in my long-repressed creative instincts. To assist me, I recently dedicated a day as an Artist’s Retreat. To help me, I used the booklet titled “Welcome to Your Artist Retreat Day” by Linda Dessau at http://www.genuinecoaching.com/ It was a splendid day of absorbing and creating art, journaling, and being inspired. By the end of the day, I knew what my priority would be over the next few weeks, how to incorporate art with my writing, and what I can do daily to keep my momentum flowing. I almost had an “art accident” where I just about glued a mixed media collage to my kitchen counter, but I was able to salvage it, plus create three other collages!

1 comment:

Linda Dessau said...

Congratulations on such a successful artist retreat day, Erica!

What a beautiful testimony to the power of the retreat.

Warm wishes,
Linda