NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, June 25, 2009

Recently read: Carol Lea Benjamin’s Without a Word



This is a new author to me. Benjamin’s initial claim to fame is that she is a noted dog-trainer with a host (pack?) of books on the subject. She also was a detective at one point in her life. She uses both her experiences to create this series about Private Investigator Rachel Alexander. Set in New York City, not surprisingly the book begins in a dog-walking park. A man and his daughter approach Alexander to ask if she would help them find their wife and mother, who disappeared five years earlier. The daughter, who hasn’t spoken since her mother’s disappearance, is the deciding factor in Alexander’s acceptance of the case. Well-written, well-plotted, and well worth reading.

No comments: