NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Thursday, June 4, 2009

One of my favorite literary quotes






Portrait of Pascal from Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaise_Pascal




When I teach writing, I always refer to the words of 17th century philosopher and mathematician, Blaise Pascal. In a letter, he apologized for how long it was, saying “if I had had more time, my message would have been shorter.” Writers, whether fiction or nonfiction, understand the truth of his statement.

No comments: