NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, November 1, 2009

Recently read: Ed McBain’s There Was a Little Girl



First famous for his New York City 87th Precinct novels, McBain has delighted millions of readers for decades with his long list of suspense novels. This one is part of his Mathew Hope, lawyer, books set in Calusa, Florida. Hope is leaving a bar in an end of town not usually frequented by the prosperous when he is gunned down. Now he is fighting for his life in the hospital, while his friends and colleagues try to figure out whom he was meeting and why. The trail leads to a circus and the death years ago of one of the show’s stars: a three-feet tall woman.

No comments: