NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, November 16, 2009

Recently read: Robert Wilson’s A Darkening Stain




Wilson is one of the best contemporary writers around. This book is one of his novels set in West Africa, full of Wilson’s stark descriptions of a world that is dangerous, corrupt and mysterious. Bruce Medway has been navigating these byways for years. He is often called on to help out with problems by his associates, other ex-patriots, the few people he calls his friends, and even sometimes his enemies. In this, schoolgirls disappear, Medway’s former enemy has “a job” for him, and as usual, nothing goes smoothly in the dark world of kidnapping, diamonds and murder.

No comments: