NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Recently read: Pamela Redmond Satran’s How Not to Act Old



Carl and I both enjoyed this light-hearted book this fall. Gotta love the subtitle: 185 Ways to Pass for Phat, Sick, Hot, Dope, Awesome, or at Least Not Totally Lame. It is a fun read that is full of useful points (like don’t bother leaving voice mail for a young person because they don’t listen to them and for heaven’s sake don’t refer to it as a voice message), puzzlers (like don’t read the Sunday paper), and the what’s-old-about-that suggestions (don’t wear a watch). You don’t need to take every piece of advice seriously (like wearing a thong!), but the book does help give life today a new perspective, and it might help you be able to actually talk to that 25-year-old coworker covered with tattoos you’ve been avoiding in the cafeteria.

1 comment:

The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

Thanks for sharing, it sound like a lovely book.