NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Recently read: Alexander McCall Smith’s The Miracle at Speedy Motors



I love Mma Ramotswe, Mma Makutsi, and Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni and their gentle little world in Botswana as depicted by Smith. Here we get to be present as Mma Ramotswe muses on how to protect Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni (her husband, of whom she always speaks in the formal way) from the greed of a doctor promising a miracle cure for their daughter’s paralysis. Also on her agenda is finding the family of a client who was adopted. Her assistant, Mma Makutsi, is happily anticipating her upcoming nuptials and may have been a bit careless in leaving the new matrimonial bed outside when it was delivered. I never tire of this series.

No comments: