NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Friday, April 30, 2010

Recently read: Terry Taylor’s Artful Paper Dolls



This winter I became enamored with paper dolls—both for themselves and as a viable component of a piece of art. Through an Amazon search, I stumbled (not literally) on Taylor’s works, and find his books inspiring. In this one, subtitled “New ways to play with a traditional form,” Taylor explores the evolution of paper dolls from ancient times to now. He provides ideas, instructions, and examples from 24 artists, including himself. Beautifully produced, the innovative artwork furnishes a wealth of ideas for collage and mixed media artists.

No comments: