NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Sunday, April 18, 2010

Submitting art is like submitting writing queries: you just gotta persevere


The artwork I submitted was a mixed media collage.

In February, a friend and I submitted artwork to be considered for Patti Digh’s latest book, Four Word Self Help. We both heard last week that our pieces were not chosen. Nevertheless, I felt great when I created the piece and sent it in; and I still feel great about the whole process. I sent out a lot of queries before I started getting published, and the process for artwork sure feels familiar! For information on Digh and her books, and to sign up for her newsletter, see http://37days.typepad.com/37days

2 comments:

pattidigh said...

While I'm sorry the publisher didn't choose your artwork, I am so happy you submitted it! I hope you might consider submitting again for my next book, "Creative is a Verb".... - patti digh

The Sock Sisters said...

EEEEE! Patti wrote to you! And since I also submitted artwork and know you, I'm only 2 degrees of separation between Patti? I'm not so good at math, obviously.

Heidi