NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Monday, April 5, 2010

Recently read: Jeffery Deaver’s The Broken Window



Another in Deaver’s series set in New York City featuring Lincoln Rhyme, the quadriplegic investigator, this one is, as always, a page turner. In this thriller, Rhyme and Amelia Sachs, his assistant (and girlfriend—yes, he’s not ENTIRELY paralyzed) match wits and technology with a truly scary data whiz who steals identities, commits crimes, and frames others through creating data and technological evidence that seems impossible to refute. One of the people whose identity was stolen and who now sits in prison is Rhyme’s cousin. As Rhyme and Sachs and the NYPD struggle to unravel the false clues about others and themselves, Rhyme and his cousin have some longstanding family issues to resolve as well.

No comments: