NOTICE!

For some reason I can add sidebars, but not new posts. Please check back later. I have been working on a variety of things including switching my blog soon from this one, which was set up with my now-defunct West Wisconsin Telcom account. I hope to have my new blog through Gmail up soon. I will provide a link and announcement when I've got everything straight. 7/2/11




Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Recently read: G.M. Malliet’s Death of a Cozy Writer



This is the first book in the Detective Chief Inspector St. Just series and it’s a fun read that mildly spoofs the traditional British mystery style. Sir Beauclerk-Fisk may be the master of sweetly cozy mysteries, but in private he is a nasty, vindictive man. His recent engagement to a charming widow has enraged his four adult children, who for once join forces to try to prevent the marriage and the threatened disinheritance. When the widow’s past turns out to be less than savory, and the eldest son turns up dead in the wine cellar, St. Just has to unravel a lifetime of greed to find the killer.

No comments: